Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said Monday that the English winger, incessantly linked with a summer switch to the Red Devils in recent months, will be staying put for the 2020-21 season.
"We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season, the decision is final. I think that answers all our questions," Zorc told reporters on the first day of Dortmund's summer training camp in Switzerland.
"Last summer we adjusted Jadon's salary to match the development of his performances," he added. "So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then."
An avalanche of contradictory reports have muddied the waters over Sancho's future over the last few weeks. The 20-year-old has already agreed to personal terms with United, but the two clubs remain at odds over a transfer fee for one of the game's most exciting young talents.
Dortmund are said to be demanding €120 million.
Zorc said last week that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team hasn't even made contact regarding a potential transfer. Reports earlier this month suggested Dortmund imposed an Aug. 10 deadline for the two sides to strike a deal.
Zorc's comments might be a ploy to pressurize the United brass and squeeze every last penny out of the negotiations for his club's prized asset, of course, but if there was a cutoff date, United will now need to look elsewhere in the transfer market.