Marlins star Chisholm will play for Great Britain at 2023 WBC
An incredible week for baseball in Great Britain continues.
It'll mark Chisholm's second appearance for Great Britain after he participated in the qualifiers for the 2017 tournament.
The 24-year-old is eligible to play for Great Britain as a native of the Bahamas, a former British colony.
Great Britain punched its ticket to the World Baseball Classic for the first time after a 10-9 comeback victory over Spain on Tuesday.
Chisholm is currently on the injured list for the Marlins as he recovers from back and knee injuries but is expected to make a full recovery for next season. The All-Star finishes the 2022 campaign with an .860 OPS, 14 home runs, and 45 RBIs in 60 games.
- Yankees fans chant 'fire Cashman' amid rough season
- Acuña posts first 40-homer, 60-stolen base season in MLB history
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Freeman chases history, Rays' real estate choice, and 7 more observations