Mavericks sign Frank Ntilikina
Ntilikina became an unrestricted free agent earlier this offseason after the Knicks opted not to extend a qualifying offer.
The Frenchman was an enigma in New York after being drafted eighth overall in 2017. Ntilikina averaged 5.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 2.7 assists over 211 contests. While he gained a reputation as a solid perimeter defender, his offensive game often lagged, as Ntilikina never shot over 40% from the field in any of his four seasons with the Knicks.
The Mavericks wanted Ntilikina with their No. 9 pick in 2017, Stein adds, but once he was off the board, the team pivoted and selected Dennis Smith.
A move to Dallas could be a welcomed fresh start for Ntilikina, who just turned 23. His combination of defensive ability and an improving 3-point stroke (48% on limited attempts last season) could be a potential fit next to star Luka Doncic.
- Report: Gordon open to move, hasn't requested trade from Rockets
- Ballmer suggests Lakers fans may 'feel a little threatened' by Clippers
- The Pelicans are fumbling their way to a brighter future
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- GOAT Sneaker Bracket Final: Air Jordan I vs. Air Jordan IV - Vote now!👇