Report: Celtics sign Blake Griffin to 1-year deal
Griffin played with the Brooklyn Nets last season, suiting up in 56 contests, including 24 starts. He averaged a career-low 6.4 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game in 2021-22.
Across 12 NBA campaigns, the No. 1 overall pick in 2009 has averaged 19.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per contest.
The 33-year-old has reinvented his game in recent seasons. Griffin has become a steady veteran presence and habitual outside shooter after the athleticism and jumping ability that turned him into one of the league's biggest stars began to diminish.
In Boston, Griffin has the opportunity to slot into the bench forward role that was slated to be held by free-agent signee Danilo Gallinari before he tore his ACL playing for the Italian national team this summer.
- Report: Lakers weighing multiple trade scenarios after Dec. 15
- Can the 76ers sustain their improved defense when the starting backcourt returns?
- Draymond fined $25K for 'obscene language' to Mavs fan
- Hawks' Collins out at least 2 weeks with ankle sprain
- NBA Power Rankings: Defining stat for each team at the quarter mark