Celtics agree to 2-year, $20M extension with Horford
Horford's new deal will keep him under contract through the 2024-25 season. Before the extension, the 36-year-old was set to become a free agent at the end of the current campaign.
The Celtics acquired Horford from the Oklahoma City Thunder in June 2021, bringing him back for a second stint with the franchise. Boston first signed the big man to a four-year, $113-million deal in 2016, and he played three seasons for the Celtics before opting out of his contract to join the Philadelphia 76ers in 2019.
Horford is averaging 10.9 points and 6.3 rebounds this season. He played a key role in the Celtics' run to the 2022 Finals, particularly with starting center Robert Williams sidelined for seven of Boston's first 14 playoff games.
- Banchero, Barnes lead field for Rising Stars event at All-Star Game
- Report: LeBron returning from 1-game absence to face Knicks
- Report: Raptors taking calls on Anunoby; Knicks, Suns interested
- NBA Podcast: Pacers extend Turner, Kawhi looks good, Grizz, Pels sliding
- Trends to watch: The pick-and-roll is being inverted