Markieff Morris: Jokic is 'gonna get his' after 2021 'sucker shot'
Markieff Morris hasn't forgotten about his on-court altercation with Nikola Jokic in 2021.
Morris, who was playing for the Miami Heat at the time, delivered a strong message to Jokic while discussing the incident on the "All the Smoke" podcast with former NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson.
"So the shot was, it was a little hard. It was like a little whiplash," Morris said. "So I mean, to be 350, catching me off guard, it really ain't do shit. But you know, at the time, I was a little off. It was so more with the Miami Heat. They was just trying to protect me from, you know, I guess me from myself. But I was cleared to play like two weeks after that, they just held me out. So, it really wasn't one of those things where I was injured or in pain or anything like that.
"Took a sucker shot. They call it snuck. He snuck me. It was a sucker shot. He's gonna get his, though."
Jokic shouldered Morris from behind during a Nov. 8, 2021, matchup between the Heat and Denver Nuggets. Morris suffered a neck injury on the play, while Jokic was suspended one game for his actions.
Morris is currently a free agent after spending last season with the Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks.
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Kyrie suffered heel contusion in win over Blazers
- Kerr: Warriors are 'good enough to win a championship'
- Green, VanVleet combine for 51 as Rockets beat Nuggets for 1st road win