Conor McGregor sent the MMA world into a frenzy Thursday when he tweeted, "I accept," though no one knew what the former two-division UFC champion was referring to at the time.
It now appears McGregor could be eyeing another leap over to boxing with a bout against legendary Filipino fighter Manny Pacquiao.
While UFC President Dana White said Friday that he believed the message was related to top prospect Khamzat Chimaev's tweet the day prior, McGregor later told ESPN's Ariel Helwani that was not the case. He declined to comment further.
The Irishman then tweeted "tinatanggap ko," which is Tagalog - the second language for the majority of people from the Philippines - for "I accept."
McGregor previously teased a boxing bout with Pacquiao in January.
"The Notorious" was supposed to fight three times in the UFC this year, but his first-round TKO win over Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone in January remains the only Octagon appearance of his self-declared season so far.
The Irishman said the UFC's failure to get him a matchup led to his decision to retire for the third time.
After adding the lightweight title to his featherweight strap, McGregor made his boxing debut against the undefeated Floyd Mayweather in 2017.
While McGregor lost via 10th-round TKO, the fight was the second-biggest selling bout in history with 4.3 million pay-per-view buys. McGregor reportedly took home $130 million, while Mayweather earned $280 million.