Report: Dodgers have contacted Cubs about Kimbrel
The Los Angeles Dodgers are looking at a future Hall of Famer to help fortify their bullpen.
The Dodgers already employ Kenley Jansen, but the 33-year-old has had a rough month of July. He's authored a 10.80 ERA with three blown saves and seven walks in 6 2/3 innings.
Overall, the Dodgers' bullpen ranks eighth in FIP and ninth in both ERA and WAR, according to FanGraphs.
Kimbrel, who's been one of baseball's top finishers throughout his career, is back to fine form after two disappointing campaigns in 2019 and 2020.
The 33-year-old is eligible for free agency at the end of the season, though his contract includes a $16-million option for 2022.
- Vladdy: 'I would consider myself the MVP'
- Blue Jays' Borucki ejected for throwing at Rays' Kiermaier
- Maddon implores Angels to improve rotation for 2022: 'This can't continue'
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?
- Rays clinch 3rd consecutive playoff berth with win over Blue Jays