Rookie of the Year favorite Strider lands on IL with oblique strain
The 23-year-old won't pitch again in the regular season as the strain is apparently worse than initially indicated, according to David O'Brien of The Athletic.
Strider is the NL Rookie of the Year favorite this season. He accrued a 2.67 ERA with 202 strikeouts over 131 2/3 innings (20 starts) with the playoff-bound Braves.
Atlanta enters Sunday's action 2 1/2 games behind the New York Mets for the NL East lead. The Braves currently occupy the NL's top wild-card spot, which means their first playoff game could be Oct. 7.
- Report: Phillies, Trea Turner agree to 11-year, $300M deal
- 2022 All-MLB team: 6 Astros honored, Freeman earns 4th selection
- Report: Mets, Verlander agree to 2-year, $86.6M deal
- Yankees sign GM Cashman to 4-year contract through 2026
- Report: Twins open to trading AL batting champ Arraez for pitching help