Curry helps Giants recruit Judge: 'Doing my part as a loyal Red Sox fan'
Curry and Judge were supposed to have a face-to-face meeting Tuesday in San Francisco but ended up exchanging text messages because the Warriors' flight from New Orleans was delayed.
Curry has been a Red Sox supporter since he was a teenager. The two-time NBA MVP and four-time champion had his bachelor party at Fenway Park in 2011 and got to meet Hall of Famer David Ortiz.
Judge reportedly met with Giants ownership, executives, and coaches during his two-day visit. He turned down a $213.5-million offer from the New York Yankees during spring training and is now thought to be asking for a deal of at least eight years that's worth over $40 million per season.
- Yankees fans chant 'fire Cashman' amid rough season
- Acuña posts first 40-homer, 60-stolen base season in MLB history
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Freeman chases history, Rays' real estate choice, and 7 more observations