Report: Orioles enter Rodon pursuit, meet with Syndergaard
The Baltimore Orioles are looking to make a splash in free agency to bolster their starting rotation.
Adding the likes of Rodon and Syndergaard would help an Orioles rotation that accrued the sixth-worst fWAR in baseball last season amid a surprising 83-win campaign. Rodon (6.1) was close to matching Baltimore's starters (7.2).
However, competition for the 29-year-old should be fierce - the Texas Rangers, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Los Angeles Dodgers, Minnesota Twins, and San Francisco Giants are all reportedly interested.
Meanwhile, Syndergaard posted a 3.94 ERA with 1.25 WHIP over 134 2/3 innings (24 starts) in 2022, his first season back from Tommy John surgery. However, he collected a career-low 6.3 K/9.
- Report: Rays, Yandy Diaz closing in on 3-year, $24M extension
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected
- Report: Mets agree to 4-year, $50M deal with batting champ McNeil
- Ortiz concerned about Red Sox lineup behind Devers: 'I'm pitching around him'
- 5 riskiest acquisitions of MLB offseason