Report: Lakers' Harrell opts in, potentially setting up Westbrook trade
However, L.A. is now reportedly nearing a deal with the Washington Wizards that would send Kuzma, Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and a first-round pick in Thursday's draft to D.C. in exchange for star guard Russell Westbrook.
Due to Kuzma's "poison pill" contract, the exchange for Hield, if still on the table, can't be completed until Aug. 6, ESPN's Bobby Marks notes. A contract is deemed to have a "poison pill" status when a player is coming off his rookie deal with an extension in place, but the extension has yet to take effect.
Harrell averaged 13.5 points and 6.2 rebounds off the bench for the Lakers this past season.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?