Report: Cavs trading Prince, 2022 2nd-rounder to T-Wolves for Rubio
The Cleveland Cavaliers are trading forward Taurean Prince, a 2022 second-round pick, and cash considerations to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for guard Ricky Rubio, reports The Athletic's Jon Krawczynski.
Minnesota is creating a $4.75-million trade exception by dealing Rubio, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
The Spaniard will earn $17.8 million in 2021-22, the final season of his three-year, $51-million contract.
Prince appeared in 41 games split between the Brooklyn Nets and Cavaliers last season. The veteran forward underwent season-ending ankle surgery in April.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?