Kraken bring in Donato on 1-year deal
Donato tallied six goals and 14 assists in 50 games with the San Jose Sharks last season. Seattle will be the 25-year-old's fourth team, but he has shown varying degrees of promise at different times in his career.
When he was first called up to the Boston Bruins in 2017-18, he recorded nine points in 12 games. The following season, he registered 16 points in 22 contests after the Minnesota Wild acquired him via trade.
"Ryan's hockey sense and ability to contribute on the scoresheet are two ingredients we are excited to add to our forward group," Kraken general manager Ron Francis said. "We like his offensive potential and believe he can add scoring depth."
Donato has posted average offensive metrics over the past three seasons, but he's been a defensive liability.
He was a Hobey Baker finalist in his last season at Harvard in 2018.
- Canucks GM: 'No angry sides' in contract talks with Pettersson, Hughes
- Aho amused by Hurricanes' $20 signing bonus for Kotkaniemi: 'It's pretty funny'
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- Kane says he didn't know about alleged assault in 2010
- Sharks' Hertl not worried about contract extension