Kraken set sales record for newly released NHL jersey
Seattle is taking kindly to the Kraken's inaugural duds.
The NHL's newest franchise set a league record for most sales of a newly released jersey in its first five days of availability, NHL chief brand officer Brian Jennings told ESPN's Greg Wyshynski.
The previous record was set by the Vegas Golden Knights, who released their look as the NHL's 31st club in 2017.
"Vegas set a pretty high bar. The Kraken are blowing through it, hourly. It's a hot market right now," Jennings said.
The Kraken had a five-day period beginning Sept. 15 to sell the threads at their official team stores and online. Availability is now set to increase.
Seattle's debut season kicks off Oct. 12.
- Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM after sexual assault investigation
- Report: Sabres ramp up Eichel trade talks with Golden Knights
- Mark Messier on leadership, Halloween parties, Cup journeys, and TV gig
- Spezza: Maple Leafs not a 'fragile group'
- Toews joins Kane, 3 other Blackhawks players in COVID-19 protocol