Maple Leafs' Marner unharmed after armed carjacking in Toronto
The 25-year-old is unharmed, and the Toronto Police Service has asked that neither the team nor Marner comments further on the incident since the investigation is ongoing.
The Maple Leafs are scheduled to hold their exit interviews Tuesday following their elimination from the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs, but Marner will not be available to the media, according to The Canadian Press' Joshua Clipperton.
Toronto police tweeted details Monday about a carjacking in Toronto's Etobicoke neighborhood involving three suspects who fled in the stolen vehicle. Two were armed with handguns, while one had a knife. Police are encouraging anyone with information to contact them.
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Scotiabank pauses sponsorship of Hockey Canada
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle