Canadiens sign Allen to 2-year, $7.7M extension
Allen's new deal begins next season. He was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2022-23 campaign.
The 32-year-old is set to enter the year as the Canadiens' No. 1 goalie, as Carey Price is unlikely to play this season due to knee problems.
Allen posted a .905 save percentage and a 3.30 goals-against average in 35 games with Montreal last year. The native of Fredericton, New Brunswick, owns a .911 career save percentage across nine NHL seasons split between the Canadiens and St. Louis Blues.
- Avalanche's MacKinnon suffers upper-body injury in loss to Flyers
- Flyers' Tortorella praises Hart: 'It's hard to be a goaltender with us'
- Golden Knights top Bruins in Cassidy's return, end Boston's home streak
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise
- NHL weekly betting guide: True moneylines for every game