Royals promote Moore, Picollo
Moore, 54, has been the Royals' GM since 2006 after beginning his career as a scout with the Atlanta Braves. He was responsible for constructing the clubs that reached the World Series in 2014 and 2015.
The 2015 World Series championship was the franchise's first in 30 years.
Picollo becomes the seventh GM in Royals history after previously serving as vice president/assistant GM-player personnel.
He's been with the Royals since 2006 after previously working with the Braves.
Sherman complimented Picollo for modernizing the organization's development. The Royals owned baseball's fifth-ranked farm system as of Aug. 25, according to MLB Pipeline.
"Those initiatives are yielding us results," Sherman said, according to MLB.com's Anne Rogers.
- Angels reverse course, tab Ohtani to start Sunday vs. A's
- Rockies' Hilliard hits emotional HR days after father's death
- Report: MLB mandating vaccines for non-playing personnel on playoff teams
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- Twins thump Ryu, drop Blue Jays out of playoff spot