Haaland scores on return as Dortmund battle back vs. Wolfsburg
Berlin, Nov 27, 2021 (AFP) - Erling Haaland scored on his return from injury on Saturday as Borussia Dortmund secured a 3-1 win at Wolfsburg.
Haaland netted his 50th Bundesliga goal in as many games, just eight minutes after coming off the bench in the second half following a five-week absence with a leg injury.
He fired in a Julian Brandt cross, adding to an Emre Can penalty and Donyell Malen goal for Dortmund after Wout Weghort had given Wolfsburg an early lead.
"We missed him (Haaland) in the last few weeks. He's a weapon," Brandt told Sky.
The return of Haaland is a huge boost for Dortmund, who host Bayern next weekend in a top-of-the-table clash.
The win came three days after a 3-1 defeat at Sporting Lisbon ended Dortmund's hopes of reaching the Champions League last 16.
"We needed to show a reaction after the game on Wednesday," said Can, who was sent off in Lisbon.
- Flyers fall to Blue Jackets, lose 10 straight for 2nd time this season
- Nets fined $25K, assistant Vanterpool docked $10K for interference vs. Wizards
- Ehlers week-to-week with MCL sprain
- Report: Nets agree to find new team for Millsap
- Best bets to lead the NFL divisional round in passing, rushing, receiving yards