Manchester City friendly at Troyes scrapped for health reasons
Paris, July 21, 2021 (AFP) - Manchester City's friendly at Troyes, scheduled for July 31, has been called off, the newly-promoted French side said Wednesday, citing "sanitary restrictions linked to the critical development of Covid-19, notably in the United Kingdom."
Had City made the cross-Channel trip they would have had to quarantine thereafter and therefore the game will be called off to avoid what would have been a major disruption of the English Premier League champions' pre-season preparations.
- Rays' Kiermaier 'very happy' Blue Jays received suspensions: 'They deserve it'
- Sens trade Logan Brown, conditional pick to Blues for Zach Sanford
- Canadiens' Hoffman could miss 4 weeks due to injury
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him