Veretout returns to France by signing 3-year deal with Marseille
Marseille, Aug 5, 2022 (AFP) - French international midfielder Jordan Veretout has signed a three-year contract with Marseille after five years in Italy, the Ligue 1 club confirmed on Friday.
Veretout, 29, started his career in Nantes followed by two years in England with Aston Villa and a spell at Saint-Etienne before moving to Serie A where he played first with Fiorentina and then AS Roma.
"It's wonderful to come back to France with Marseille. I hope we will do great things this year," said Veretout, who won the Europa Conference League with Roma last season.
Marseille did not reveal financial details of the contract for the five-time capped French player.
The southern side were runners-up in Ligue 1 last season, and start the new campaign at home against Reims on Sunday.
- Fantasy: 5 breakout candidates to target this season
- Tom Brady's backups are influencing storylines around the NFL
- NBA offseason grades: Breaking down the moves in the Southwest Division
- Dodgers lock up home-field advantage through World Series
- Orioles eliminated, assured of ending streak of losing years