Rashad Evans coming out of retirement
Former UFC champion Rashad Evans is coming out of retirement, his manager, Ali Abdelaziz, told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.
However, he may not return to the Octagon. The 41-year-old is targeting Logan Paul and Roy Jones as possible opponents, Okamoto notes.
Evans retired in 2018 after compiling a 19-8-1 professional record and capturing the UFC light heavyweight belt in 2008.
After beginning his career 17-1-1, "Suga" lost six of his last eight fights, including his final five walks to the Octagon.
Evans has since spent time as a UFC analyst.
- Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
- Dern: Meta's Zuckerberg rented out entire UFC Fight Night event
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Movsar Evloev headlines UFC Vegas 64 on Nov. 5 in Las Vegas
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Arman Tsarukyan targeted for UFC Fight Night on Dec. 17
- Kevin Gastelum vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines first UFC event of 2023