UFC 278 weigh-in results: Usman, Edwards cleared for title rematch
Champion Kamaru Usman and challenger Leon Edwards made weight Friday ahead of their welterweight title rematch scheduled for the UFC 278 main event Saturday in Salt Lake City.
Both Usman and Edwards came in at exactly 170 pounds.
Co-main event participants Paulo Costa and Luke Rockhold also successfully made weight.
Costa forced his last fight, against Marvin Vettori, to take place at light heavyweight due to last-minute weight-cutting issues. However, he made good on his promise to come in under the middleweight limit this time, weighing 185.5 pounds. Meanwhile, the former champion came in at 185 pounds for his first fight in three years.
Here are the UFC 278 weigh-in results so far:
Main card (ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET)
- Kamaru Usman (170) vs. Leon Edwards (170)
- Luke Rockhold (185) vs. Paulo Costa (185.5)
- Jose Aldo (136) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (136)
- Wu Yanan (136) vs. Lucie Pudilova (135.5)
- Harry Hunsucker (204.5) vs. Tyson Pedro (205.5)
Preliminary card (ABC, ESPN at 8 p.m. ET)
- Marcin Tybura (252.5) vs. Alexander Romanov (239.5)
- Leonardo Santos (156) vs. Jared Gordon (155.5)
- Sean Woodson (146) vs. Luis Saldana (145.5)
Early preliminary card (ESPN+ at 6 p.m. ET)
- A.J. Fletcher (170.5) vs. Ange Loosa (170.5)
- Amir Albazi (126) vs. Francisco Figueiredo (125.5)
- Aori Qileng (136) vs. Jay Perrin (136)
- Victor Altamirano (125) vs. Daniel Da Silva (126)
- Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
- Dern: Meta's Zuckerberg rented out entire UFC Fight Night event
- Dern-Yan main event official
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Movsar Evloev headlines UFC Vegas 64 on Nov. 5 in Las Vegas
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Arman Tsarukyan targeted for UFC Fight Night on Dec. 17