Nets' Chandler opting out of NBA's restart
Chris Elise / National Basketball Association / Getty

Brooklyn Nets forward Wilson Chandler has informed the team he's opting out of the NBA's restart in the league's Orlando bubble, he told ESPN's Malika Andrews.

The 33-year-old veteran is the fifth player so far to say he won't play, joining Avery Bradley, Trevor Ariza, Davis Bertans, and Willie Cauley-Stein.

The Nets are bringing back free-agent forward Justin Anderson to replace Chandler on the roster, Anderson's agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Anderson spent time with Brooklyn on a 10-day contract in January.

Chandler cited spending time with his family, including his grandmother who raised him and three children.

"As difficult as it will be to not be with my teammates, the health and well-being of my family has to come first," Chandler said. "Thank you to the Nets organization for understanding and supporting me in this decision, and I will be watching and rooting for our team in Orlando.”

Chandler played 35 games with the Nets this season, starting three and averaging 5.9 points and 4.1 rebounds. Brooklyn sits seventh in the Eastern Conference going into the restart, but the club had yet to clinch a playoff spot when play was suspended March 11.

Comments
Nets' Chandler opting out of NBA's restart
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox