Heat draft Nikola Jovic with No. 27 pick
The Miami Heat selected Serbian forward Nikola Jovic with the No. 27 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft.
Jovic, who has a strikingly similar name to back-to-back MVP Nikola Jokic, actually plays for the same Serbian team Jokic did before he arrived stateside: Mega Basket of the Adriatic League.
"I haven't met him; I've always wanted to," Jovic said of the Denver Nuggets superstar, according to EuroHoops. "I think he's one of the best centers ever. Everything he does for the Nuggets and Serbia. I love him."
In 25 games this past season, Jovic averaged 11.7 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 3.4 assists while shooting 42.8% from the field and 35.6% on 3-pointers.
Team: Mega Basket (ABA)
College experience: N/A
Weight: 210 lbs
Wingspan: 7 feet
Max vertical: N/A
- A patient player with a high basketball IQ
- Strong playmaker for his size
- Decent perimeter-oriented scorer
- Capable of attacking the basket and draining shots off the dribble
- Somewhat turnover-prone
- Can get pushed around on the defensive end
- Lacks elite athleticism
- Needs to bulk up his 6-foot-10 frame a bit
- Banchero, Barnes lead field for Rising Stars event at All-Star Game
- Report: LeBron returning from 1-game absence to face Knicks
- Report: Raptors taking calls on Anunoby; Knicks, Suns interested
- NBA Podcast: Pacers extend Turner, Kawhi looks good, Grizz, Pels sliding
- Trends to watch: The pick-and-roll is being inverted