UConn's Dan Hurley has worn same underwear throughout Final Four run
UConn head coach Dan Hurley is bringing out his lucky underwear for this weekend's Final Four.
Hurley's wife, Andrea Hurley, told Kirsten Fleming of the New York Post that her husband has worn the same pair of underwear - red boxers with cartoon dragons - during every game since UConn defeated Iona in the first round of the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament. He's kept them clean using a portable washing machine he received as a Christmas gift from his eldest son, Danny.
"They're like Underoos for adults," Andrea said.
Dan will be wearing the dragon boxers again Saturday night in Houston for UConn's semifinal matchup against Miami, but the superstition doesn't stop there. He'll also be sporting the same navy suit, socks, dress shirt, and shoes he's worn in every game of the tournament.
"He always pulls up the game that he had against the opponents to see what he was wearing," Andrea said. "If they won that game, he'll wear the same outfit."
Saturday will be UConn's sixth appearance in the Final Four and first since 2014.
- Big 12 commish touts 'plan' after exploring expansion options
- Edey withdraws from NBA draft, will return to Purdue
- G League Ignite signs 2023 top prospects Holland, Buzelis
- Ex-UNC guard Love transfers to Arizona after decommitting from Michigan
- North Carolina 5-star commit Elliot Cadeau joining 2023 class