USC sells out of tickets for Bronny James' debut vs. Long Beach State
Bronny James will be playing in front of a sold-out crowd when he makes his long-awaited college debut Sunday.
USC announced Friday that it has already sold out of tickets for its game against Long Beach State, which will mark James' first game action since he suffered a cardiac arrest during a workout session in July.
James, the 19-year-old son of Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James, participated in his first full-contact practice Thursday. When asked if the plan is for Bronny to play Sunday, USC head coach Andy Enfield replied, "We assume," according to ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk.
"All indications are he feels great," Enfield said. "He looks good."
LeBron told reporters Friday that he's looking forward to watching his son's debut, calling it a "big milestone for our family."
USC enters Sunday's game sitting at 5-3 on the season.
- AP Poll: Houston rises above Purdue, UConn to claim No. 1
- Purdue star Edey to declare for NBA draft after season
- Birthday boy Jones drops 34 again as No. 7 Marquette rout Xavier
- St. John's beats No. 15 Creighton at MSG for biggest win under Pitino
- Edey matches season high with 35 points, No. 3 Purdue beats Michigan