Elliott opened SNF on bench for disciplinary reasons
Jones said the related issue wasn't significant.
Backup running back Tony Pollard filled in for the Cowboys' first six offensive snaps versus the Indianapolis Colts, marking the first time Elliott didn't start a game in which he played. Elliott trotted onto the field for the fourth play of Dallas' second series.
Elliott still finished the contest with a team-high 17 carries, running for 77 yards with a touchdown.
The Cowboys dismantled the Colts in the Sunday nightcap, winning 54-19 to bump their record to 9-3.
- 5 storylines to watch as juggernauts square off in AFC, NFC title games
- Mahomes to start vs. Bengals despite battling ankle injury
- Falcons hire Saints' Nielsen as defensive coordinator
- Chiefs' Kelce questionable for AFC title game with back injury
- Report: DeMeco Ryans emerging as top HC candidate for Texans