Thomas withdraws from Travelers Championship with back injury
Justin Thomas won't be teeing it up in Connecticut this week.
The 2022 PGA Championship winner has withdrawn from the Travelers Championship due to a back injury.
Thomas, who'll be replaced in the field by Satoshi Kodaira, was set to play his third straight week on TOUR after appearances at the Canadian Open and U.S. Open.
Thomas is the second big name in the last 24 hours to pull out of the event after Brooks Koepka withdrew Tuesday night. Koepka's decision comes amid a report that he's joining LIV Golf for next weekend's tournament in Portland.
- Schauffele takes 1-shot lead over Cantlay into final round at Travelers
- Koepka, DeChambeau, Reed headline LIV Portland field
- Schauffele and Cantlay trade beautiful shots 😎😎
- Schauffele drains the birdie on 16 to retake the lead 😏
- Rory McIlroy offers blunt solution to his major fairway wood issues at the Travelers