Parker reaches 8th on WNBA's all-time scoring list as Aces top Dream
COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) — A’ja Wilson scored 21 points, Candace Parker moved into eighth on the WNBA's career scoring list, and the Las Vegas Aces beat the Atlanta Dream 92-87 on Friday night.
Parker passed Katie Smith (6,452) on the points list and now trails Sue Bird (6,803) for seventh.
Kelsey Plum made a key steal of Aari McDonald and Chelsea Gray raced the other way for a fast-break layup to extend Las Vegas' lead to 89-84. But Rhyne Howard completed a three-point play at the other end with 36 seconds left.
Gray answered with a jumper from the free-throw line with 22.5 seconds left for a four-point lead and Kiah Stokes blocked Howard's 3-point attempt at the other end.
Jackie Young scored 20 points, Plum added 15 and Parker finished with 13 for Las Vegas (5-0).
Las Vegas led 45-30 at the break behind 12 points apiece from Wilson and Young.
Cheyenne Parker had 25 points and 11 rebounds for Atlanta (2-3). Allisha Gray added 16 points and Howard scored 15.
AP sports: https://apnews.com/hub/sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Defending champion Aces return to WNBA Finals, beat Wings to complete sweep
- Liberty beat Sun in Game 3 to take lead in WNBA semifinal series
- Report: Warriors finalizing deal to bring WNBA team to Bay Area
- Balanced offensive attack helps Liberty even series with Sun
- Liberty's Breanna Stewart wins second career WNBA MVP award