Report: Adrian Peterson, Le'Veon Bell agree to boxing exhibition
The veteran running backs have signed contracts for an exhibition heavyweight boxing contest July 30 at Crypto.com Arena as part of YouTuber Austin McBroom's Social Gloves 2 event, sources told Mike Coppinger of ESPN.
Bell was already set to be on the card, though an opponent wasn't revealed at the time.
Both rushers punished NFL defenses during their respective primes. Bell made three Pro Bowls and earned two first-team All-Pro nods between 2014-2017. Peterson tallied eight 1,000-yard-plus campaigns and led the league in rushing on three occasions. His 2,097-yard 2012 season also earned him NFL MVP.
Bell, 30, and Peterson, 37 have bounced around different teams in recent years. They both remain NFL free agents.
- Astros' Brantley undergoes season-ending shoulder surgery
- Soto ready for 'emotional' return to Washington
- 5 goalies the Golden Knights could target after losing Lehner for season
- Cousins tests positive, will miss Vikings' 1st preseason game
- Commanders president angry with reporter for 'pompous' Wentz interview