Report: United out of Haaland race as BVB star favors Real Madrid
There's at least one club in Manchester that won't try to sign Erling Haaland next summer.
The Red Devils' hopes of signing Haaland reportedly suffered a damaging blow due to their struggles on the pitch, which could result in them missing the Champions League next season.
United - who attempted to sign the Norwegian forward from FC Salzburg before his move to Dortmund in 2020 - will now apparently shift their attention to other attacking options rather than try to convince him to join.
Haaland, who's expected to leave following the season when clubs can trigger the €75-million release clause in his contract, prefers joining Real Madrid, Ogden adds.
Although Madrid are the favorites to land Haaland, they reportedly face stiff competition from a Manchester City side that has the interest and financial flexibility to meet the Bundesliga star's wage demands, which are apparently worth £30 million annually.
In addition to Haaland, Real Madrid will also reportedly try to add Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe this summer. The French star could be signed on a free transfer if he doesn't renew his PSG contract.
- Report: Mbappe agrees to personal terms with Real Madrid
- Suarez emotional after final home game: Atletico will remain 'in my heart'
- La Liga roundup: Sevilla qualify for Champions League, Alaves relegated
- Barcelona could sell De Jong to balance budget, says Xavi
- Lewandowski confirms he wants to leave Bayern amid Barcelona links