Angels reinstate Trout from injured list
Trout has been on the shelf since July 18 with an injury to his rib cage and upper back. The 31-year-old hasn't appeared in a game for the Angels since July 12.
"I'm excited," Trout said Wednesday, according to MLB.com's Rhett Bollinger. "I'm happy with the progress. It was good for me to take time off and get it out of there. And now I get to play for about a month and a week, so I'm looking forward to it."
The three-time MVP was putting together another terrific season before the injury sidelined him. Trout owns a .967 OPS with 24 home runs, 51 RBIs, and 55 runs scored across 79 contests in 2022.
The Angels struggled in Trout's absence, posting a 12-17 record since he last suited up.
- Mariners clinch 1st postseason berth since 2001 with Raleigh's walk-off HR
- Astros clinch home-field advantage through ALCS, Yanks get No. 2 seed
- Rays secure playoff spot for 4th straight season
- To dream the impossible dream - and then decide it's time to let it go
- Braves beat Mets to move into tie for division lead