New York Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton has now strained his left calf and may not return for the remainder of the 2026 campaign, manager Aaron Boone said Saturday.
Stanton had been rehabbing a right calf strain since April 24, but suffered a setback with the injury in June.
Though Boone described Stanton's latest issue as a "moderate" strain, he admitted that the former NL MVP's season is in doubt.
"We're not ruling anything out," Boone said, according to MLB.com. "He'll obviously continue to work to try to get it right and hopefully be available. But obviously we're at a point in the calendar where it gets challenging, but you also never know."
Stanton, 36, hit .256/.302/.422 with three homers and one stolen base over 24 games this year. An elbow injury limited the five-time All-Star to 77 contests in 2025.









