Gustafsson-Krylov added to UFC London
Alexander Gustafsson will step into the Octagon for the first time in almost two years July 23.
The former UFC title challenger is scheduled to face Nikita Krylov in his return to light heavyweight at UFC London, the promotion announced Wednesday.
Gustafsson was last in action in July 2020 when he suffered a submission loss to former UFC champion Fabricio Werdum in Gustafsson's heavyweight debut. He's lost three in a row and hasn't been victorious since a 2017 knockout of current light heavyweight champ Glover Teixeira.
Krylov is also looking to snap a skid, having lost his last two fights. "The Miner" is coming off a submission defeat to Paul Craig at the UFC London event in March.
The July 23 card will see Curtis Blaydes take on Tom Aspinall in the heavyweight main event.
- Dana White: Jones to fight either Ngannou or Miocic in heavyweight debut
- Murphy-Tate moving to UFC Long Island due to positive COVID-19 test
- Gamrot edges Tsarukyan in entertaining UFC main event
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch