Thunder's Daigneault to miss road trip due to impending birth of child
Thunder assistant Dave Bliss will take over coaching duties in Daigneault's absence.
"We looked at a couple options of being with the team in terms of travel, and it's not overly practical and it's just not something that I want to risk," Daigneault said.
Oklahoma City will face the Bucks in Milwaukee Friday before traveling to face the Boston Celtics and Atlanta Hawks. The Thunder won't return home until they host the Utah Jazz on Wednesday.
Daigneault, 36, was promoted to head coach ahead of 2020-21 following one campaign as an assistant on Billy Donovan's staff and five seasons leading the team's G League affiliate.
The rebuilding Oklahoma City squad went 22-50 during his first NBA campaign in charge and is 6-8 through 14 games so far this season.
- Jokic's 49-point triple-double powers Nuggets to thrilling OT win
- Pacers roll past Lakers in 4th quarter for skid-stopping win
- Embiid ties career high with 50 points as 76ers pull away from Magic
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Can the disappointing Hawks turn it around?