Barkley says 76ers should trade Simmons: 'Fans will never forgive him'
Charles Barkley believes Ben Simmons has worn out his welcome in Philadelphia and needs a fresh start with a new team.
The Hall of Famer, who spent the first eight seasons of his NBA career with the Philadelphia 76ers, told TMZ Sports he doesn't foresee Simmons ever playing for the club again. Barkley doesn't think Sixers fans will ever forgive Simmons, either.
"You gotta move on from a bad relationship," Barkley said. "They're not using him, and Joel Embiid has been playing great this year, so they're wasting his talents.
"They've got to make a decision, but Ben Simmons never gonna play in Philly again. The fans will never forgive him ... I know those fans well. I thought my name was 'Charles Barkley Son of a Bitch' for a long time when I was there."
Simmons has yet to play in a game for the 76ers this campaign after reportedly telling the team he wasn't mentally ready to return to the court.
- Suns' Vogel: Ayton 'can be one of the best centers in the league'
- How the Heat picked apart the Nuggets' defense in Game 2
- Grizzlies' Jackson: Brooks gave Lakers 'some life' with LeBron remarks
- NBA Podcast: Digging into the Finals after 2 games
- Report: Mavs interested in adding Jeff Van Gundy, Hornacek to Kidd's staff