Report: Wizards hiring Thunder's Will Dawkins as GM
The Washington Wizards' front office makeover continues.
Washington has hired Oklahoma City Thunder executive Will Dawkins as its next general manager, sources told The Athletic's David Aldridge and Josh Robbins.
Dawkins has spent the past 15 years in Oklahoma City, including the last three as the club's vice president of basketball operations. He filled various roles during his tenure with the Thunder, including scouting coordinator and assistant video coordinator.
Dawkins also worked alongside new Wizards president of basketball operations Michael Winger for seven years.
Dawkins will replace Tommy Shepherd, who was dismissed by the club after four seasons. His reported hiring is Winger's second major personnel decision since his arrival in the nation's capital last month.
Washington apparently added ex-Atlanta Hawks executive Travis Schlenk as its senior vice president of player personnel last week.
- Draymond expects to miss 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain
- Kai Jones to miss Hornets camp, will be away from team indefinitely
- 5 potential landing spots for Jrue Holiday after Lillard trade
- Hardaway 'didn't know' if he'd still be on Mavs after last season's meltdown
- Report: Clippers sign Primo after NBA issues 4-game ban for detrimental conduct