Washington State inks coach Smith to extension through 2026-27
Smith joined the Cougars in 2019 after successful stints at Columbia and San Francisco.
Washington State has steadily improved since his hiring, posting back-to-back seasons of .500 or better after failing to reach the mark in each of the previous seven campaigns.
"The rebirth in our men's basketball program since Kyle arrived two years ago has been remarkable," said Chun in a statement. "Kyle's ability to attract and develop top talent has revitalized not only our men's basketball program, but our fan base as well.
"The future of Cougar basketball is in good hands under Kyle's leadership and we are excited he will be a Cougar for many years to come."
The Cougars finished 14-13 last season, including a 7-12 record in Pac-12 play.
- Top-ranked Gonzaga fully reloaded after run to championship game
- No. 12 Memphis poised to chase title with No. 1 class, vets
- Expectations high at UConn in coach Hurley's 4th season
- Hall of Famer, Olympic coach Wright returns to loaded Villanova
- Beard builds transfer-heavy lineup for debut season at No. 5 Texas