Calipari: Top prospect Sharpe plans on being with Kentucky next year
"It doesn't change anything. ... He plans on being here next year," Calipari told reporters Friday, according to Jon Hale of the Louisville Courier Journal.
Sharpe is the No. 1 prospect on the ESPN 100 for 2022 and a projected top-five draft selection if he were to declare this year. The 6-foot-6 guard enrolled at Kentucky in January and has been practicing with the team.
Sharpe initially had no plans on playing this season, but Calipari didn't rule out using the talented Canadian.
"He's watching. ... If he's ready to be able to be in games, I'll put him in," Calipari said. "But, he's a great kid, and he's doing well, and he's going to make practices even better."
Kentucky sits second in the SEC and is 15-3 overall this season.
- Tennessee signs 5-star recruit, former LSU commit Julian Phillips
- Weber State head coach Rahe retiring after 16 seasons
- Clemson adds G Brevin Galloway to men's basketball roster
- Iowa assistant Kirk Speraw retiring after 43-year career
- Notre Dame's Brey: 'Everybody should shut up and adjust' to transfer portal, NIL