Villanova star Moore targeting return in late December
The Wildcats' Big East schedule starts Dec. 21 at home against St. John's.
Moore tore his right Achilles tendon in the school's Elite Eight victory over Houston. The senior guard was a key member of last season's squad, averaging 14.8 points, 4.8 boards, 2.3 assists, and one steal over 36 appearances. He also finished third in the Big East in triples made (80) and 12th in free-throw attempts (120).
Moore was a 2021-22 All-Big East second-team selection and part of the NCAA Tournament's All-South Region team.
Villanova is entering a new era following the departure of longtime head coach Jay Wright and guard Collin Gillespie. The Wildcats have won seven of the last nine Big East regular-season titles.
- Clingan scores 29 to lead No. 4 UConn over New Hampshire
- AP Poll: Purdue overtakes Kansas for No. 1 spot
- Vanderbilt suspends forward Lee Dort after arrest for felony aggravated assault
- Talyor helps No. 12 Texas A&M rally from 21-point deficit to beat Iowa State
- Abmas scores season-high 23 points as No. 15 Texas beats Wyoming