Alabama lands commitment from No. 1 RB Richard Young
Alabama continued its hot streak on the recruiting trail Friday, as running back Richard Young announced his commitment.
The Lehigh Acres, Florida, native chose the Crimson Tide over offers from Georgia, Ohio State, and Notre Dame, among many others.
Young is the top tailback in the 2023 recruiting class, according to the ESPN 300. He's the No. 14 overall prospect and third-best recruit in the state of Florida.
Young becomes the latest verbal pledge for head coach Nick Saban this month. Alabama received a commitment from the top safety in the 2023 class, Caleb Downs, earlier in the week. Young joins fellow halfback Justice Haynes among the Tide's current commits.
- AP Poll: Tennessee, NC State join top 10; Florida State returns
- CFB Wrap-Up: Takeaways from Week 4's biggest games
- No. 3 Ohio State scores early and often, buries Wisconsin
- Middle Tennessee uses big plays to stun No. 25 Miami
- Georgia Tech fires Geoff Collins after 1-3 start to fourth season with Yellow Jackets AD reportedly under fire