Report: Wild sign former Golden Gophers captain Sammy Walker
The Minnesota Wild have added a local product to their organization.
The team signed University of Minnesota captain Sammy Walker to a two-year, entry-level contract, The Athletic's Michael Russo reports.
Walker, a native of Edina, Minnesota, recorded 112 points in 144 games in his four-year NCAA career. He wore the "C" for the Golden Gophers in his final three campaigns. The 5-foot-11 center tallied 14 goals and 13 assists in 39 contests during his senior year.
The 23-year-old was initially a seventh-round pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2017 but became an unrestricted free agent on Monday after not signing with the club.
- Dodgers lock up home-field advantage through World Series
- Orioles eliminated, assured of ending streak of losing years
- Mariners clinch 1st postseason berth since 2001 with Raleigh's walk-off HR
- Ducks' Vaakanainen stretchered off after crashing into boards
- Burnes outpitches Marlins' Alcantara to keep Brewers near Phillies