Tua feels 'as good as I can be after a game' following late ankle injury
"(I feel) as good as I can be after a game," Tagovailoa said, according to David Furones of the Sun Sentinel.
Tagovailoa was injured in the final minutes during a strip sack that San Francisco returned for a touchdown, which sealed the 33-17 defeat.
Miami listed the signal-caller as questionable to return, but backup Skylar Thompson was quickly picked off by the 49ers on the next series to end the game.
Tagovailoa could've returned to the contest, and his injury isn't believed to be serious, sources told Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
The 24-year-old, who finished with 295 yards and two touchdowns against two interceptions, added he will undergo further assessment.
Tagovailoa was on the injury report with an ankle issue ahead of Week 13 but was a full participant throughout the week.
Miami will play in prime time Sunday night against the Los Angeles Chargers next week.
- 5 storylines to watch as juggernauts square off in AFC, NFC title games
- Mahomes to start vs. Bengals despite battling ankle injury
- Falcons hire Saints' Nielsen as defensive coordinator
- Chiefs' Kelce questionable for AFC title game with back injury
- Report: DeMeco Ryans emerging as top HC candidate for Texans