Cooper says OT winner shouldn't have counted, replays appear to show too many men
Cooper did not specify exactly why. He only took one question during an odd postgame press conference in which he gave an emotional two-minute answer.
Cooper may have a legitimate gripe, though. It appears the Avalanche had too many men on the ice during the game-winner.
The apparent missed call was further illustrated on video.
The initial game sheet noted there were six skaters and a goalie on the ice at the time of the goal.
The league then explained the on-ice officials didn't believe it was a too many men infraction at the time, and those types of plays aren't subject to video review.
The Lightning will hope to keep their dreams of a three-peat alive in Game 5 on Friday.
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Scotiabank pauses sponsorship of Hockey Canada
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle