Golden Knights' Patrick to miss 2022-23 season with upper-body injury
Patrick, 24, only played 25 games last year because of the same injury.
Vegas will be able to place Patrick's $1.2-million contract on long-term injured reserve.
The 2017 second overall pick has struggled with a migraine disorder since 2019. The disorder forced him to miss the 2019-20 season and significantly affected his play in 2020-21.
The Golden Knights begin their preseason schedule Sunday against the Colorado Avalanche.
- Ducks' Vaakanainen stretchered off after crashing into boards
- Marner open to trying out defenseman role
- Dumba talks 'Black Ice' doc, beware Flames' D corps, and goalie goals
- Habs GM: Slafkovsky's preseason play has been 'a little underwhelming'
- Ranking the NHL's top 5 goaltending duos for the 2022-23 season