Golden Knights' Patrick to miss 2022-23 season with upper-body injury
Forward Nolan Patrick is out for the 2022-23 season due to an upper-body issue, the Vegas Golden Knights announced Thursday.
Patrick, 24, only played 25 games last year because of the same injury.
Vegas will be able to place Patrick's $1.2-million contract on long-term injured reserve.
The 2017 second overall pick has struggled with a migraine disorder since 2019. The disorder forced him to miss the 2019-20 season and significantly affected his play in 2020-21.
Vegas acquired Patrick in a three-way trade last summer, sending Cody Glass to the Nashville Predators and Ryan Ellis and Philippe Myers to the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Golden Knights begin their preseason schedule Sunday against the Colorado Avalanche.
- Red Wings' Lalonde: Larkin out 'at least a week' with upper-body injury
- Report: Ducks' Strome avoids suspension for kneeing Jets' Connor
- 2024 NHL mock draft: Celebrini, Eiserman lead initial projections
- Report: Blues to place struggling Vrana on waivers
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976