DeChambeau hopeful LIV Golf gets 'one more shot'

WESTFIELD, IN - AUGUST 20: LIV golfer Bryson DeChambeau plays his tee shot on the first hole on August 20, 2026, during the first round of LIV Golf Indianapolis at The Club at Chatham Hills in Westfield, Indiana.
Icon Sportswire / Getty

Bryson DeChambeau told ESPN's Paolo Uggetti that he's hopeful LIV Golf will secure funding to continue beyond this season and get "one more shot" to succeed.

LIV is wrapping up its fifth campaign this weekend in Indianapolis, with the finale coming earlier than initially scheduled following the recent cancellation of its Michigan event. The abrupt change only heightened uncertainty surrounding the league's future after Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund announced it will no longer financially support the operation.

"It's tough, it's not easy," DeChambeau said Thursday. "We definitely have a lot against us."

He added, "If it works, it works, and that's awesome. If it doesn't, we'll figure things out, and time will move on."

Earlier in August, LIV CEO Scott O'Neil announced the league secured a new lead investor, but the format of the 2027 season remains murky.

DeChambeau, who entered the Indianapolis event in second behind Jon Rahm on this year's individual points list, turned down a chance to return to the PGA TOUR earlier this year to honor his LIV contract.

"I hope people can see that we actually bring value to the game of golf," DeChambeau said. "I think behind the scenes we've got a lot of people that are working hard to make this possible for not only all the players that are out here, but all the fans that have come out to these events, and the economic impact we've made on all these places."

XRedditFacebookWhatsAppEmailSMS
MORE STORIES