LSU adds another star transfer in DePaul's Morrow
Former DePaul standout Aneesah Morrow is transferring to LSU, she announced Friday.
Morrow's the second high-profile transfer to join Kim Mulkey's defending champion Tigers this offseason, along with Louisville star Hailey Van Lith's commitment on April 27.
Morrow led the Blue Demons in scoring and rebounding last season, averaging 25.7 points and 12.2 boards through 33 games as a sophomore and picking up a third-team All-American selection. In her first campaign, she made the All-American second team and was named the Big East Freshman of the Year after recording 21.9 points, 13.8 rebounds, 2.7 steals, and 1.8 blocks per contest.
LSU is expected to contend again for the national title next season with Morrow and Van Lith teaming with Tigers sensation Angel Reese. Mulkey will also count on commitments from incoming talented freshmen, including five-star recruits Mikaylah Williams and Aalyah Del Rosario and four-star prospects Angelica Velez and Janae Kent.
- Rutgers, South Carolina to play exhibition to honor Nikki McCray-Penson
- Georgetown women's hoops coach Butts leaves team to battle breast cancer
- Iowa star Caitlin Clark wins Sullivan Award as nation's top collegiate athlete
- Basketball HOF induction roundup: Speeches from 2023 class
- UConn star Bueckers cleared to play after missing previous season due to ACL tear