Bliss in baseball land: MLB players react to end of lockout
A 99-day impasse that was equal parts dull and draining concluded Thursday when MLB and the MLBPA agreed on a new CBA, officially ending the lockout.
Players were delighted by the news, with many expressing their excitement on Twitter.
Others quickly turned their attention to free agency. Famously forthright Cubs starter Marcus Stroman used the opportunity to solicit one of the more than 100 free agents set to hit the market.
And then there's veteran ace Ervin Santana, whose interests are straightforward and sensory.
- Yankees fans chant 'fire Cashman' amid rough season
- Acuña posts first 40-homer, 60-stolen base season in MLB history
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Freeman chases history, Rays' real estate choice, and 7 more observations