Bliss in baseball land: MLB players react to end of lockout
A 99-day impasse that was equal parts dull and draining concluded Thursday when MLB and the MLBPA agreed on a new CBA, officially ending the lockout.
Players were delighted by the news, with many expressing their excitement on Twitter.
Others quickly turned their attention to free agency. Famously forthright Cubs starter Marcus Stroman used the opportunity to solicit one of the more than 100 free agents set to hit the market.
And then there's veteran ace Ervin Santana, whose interests are straightforward and sensory.
- Mariners clinch 1st postseason berth since 2001 with Raleigh's walk-off HR
- Astros clinch home-field advantage through ALCS, Yanks get No. 2 seed
- Rays secure playoff spot for 4th straight season
- To dream the impossible dream - and then decide it's time to let it go
- Braves beat Mets to move into tie for division lead