Yankees' Boone: Orioles' 'Build Your Own Park' robbed Judge of 3rd HR
"He almost had three (homers), but 'Build Your Own Park' got him," Boone said postgame, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com.
Judge blasted an RBI double in the first inning that would've been a round-tripper in every ballpark in the majors except Camden Yards.
"It's a travesty, man. I'm pretty upset. It just looks like a 'Create-A-Park' now," Judge said.
The star outfielder went deep in the third and fifth innings and finished the game with four hits.
The Orioles pushed back the left-field wall by 26.5 feet and made it nearly six feet taller before the season started.
Ironically, Texas Rangers manager Chris Woodward complained about Yankee Stadium being a "Little League ballpark" when Gleyber Torres hit a walk-off homer in early May that he said would've been an "easy out in 99% of ballparks." He later walked back his comments.
- Freeman mulling agent change after 'emotional time' in Atlanta
- Vlad Jr. turns down Home Run Derby invite to protect wrist
- Report: Harper to undergo thumb surgery with roughly 6-week recovery
- Oneil Cruz among NL Rookie of the Year favorites after dazzling '22 debut
- MLB Tuesday best bets: Dodgers to rebound in Colorado